Getting my #MorningWin with Oikos and belVita
When I was in high school and occasionally even as a college student, my grandmother would make breakfast every morning. It was generally something I could carry on my way to school or work. Wasn’t it great to be a kid?
Life as a single mom is hectic. On a good day, I remember to grab something while I am walking out the door, and usually I just skip breakfast altogether. I have a toddler to get ready for school every morning, and I tote around several bags for work. It is easy to forget breakfast, and this just reinforces my bad eating habits.
|Reporter/Photojournalist essentials laptop bag, camera bag, and my purse.|
Implementing a healthy breakfast routine was part of a series of lifestyle changes that I chose to make. I wanted a breakfast that tastes good, but also has a sufficient amount of protein and fiber. Crunchy belVita Breakfast Biscuits and Dannon® Oikos®* Greek Nonfat Yogurt made it easier for me to change my bad habits. On hectic mornings, I put the yogurt and biscuits in my bag to eat at work.
|Occasionally, I get to enjoy my breakfast lounging on the front porch.|
- 3 grams of dietary fiber
- 19 grams of whole grain
- 12 grams of protein per 5.3 ounces.
- 80 to 130 calories per 5.3 ounces.
The Productivity Pro, Laura Stack has a few tips that will help you get organized and score a #MorningWin.
- The secret to a smooth, sane morning is doing as much as you can the night before. Leave as little preparation as possible until the last minute – you’ll thank yourself in the morning.
- Spend twenty minutes at the end of each day planning your to-do list. When you download the next day’s activities beforehand, you can devote your morning to enjoyment rather than stress.
- Be sure to start your morning with a delicious, balanced breakfast. Together, the nutritious steady energy of belVita and 12 grams of protein in Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt along with a piece of fruit will help you get more out of your morning.