In late spring I received my invite to Disney Social Media Moms On The Road Celebration in Chicago. It would be an understatement to say I was excited. We love all things Disney.
So what is Disney Social Media Moms On The Road Celebration?
- Jamie Langdon, Walt Disney World Public Relations and Social Media Manager
- Leanne Jakubowski O’Regan Director of Social Media Disney Parks
- Gary Buchanan Walt Disney World Social Media Managing Editor
- Jenn Fickley-Baker Walt Disney World Social Media Manager
- Lori Lorenz Senior Director Direct Print Services Hewlett Packard
- Michelle Stepney Content Director Disney Parks Global Content Development
- Lily Winnail Padalily
- Alicia Overby Baby Elephant Ears
- Maria Bailey MomTV
- Nick Weiland Huggies Mom Inspired
- Ramon De Leon Senior Social Strategist Rise Interactive
- Surprise Guest: Mickey Mouse!
It is hard to choose a favorite speaker in the crowd, but I really enjoyed Ramon De Leon (pictured with me in the bottom left photo). I am always drawn to someone with a good back story; the former pizza delivery guy turned businessman was nothing short of impressive. (It is hard to remain impartial when someone highlights your twitter conversation with them during their speech) You can read more about him in this Chicago Tribune article.
He and I “met” on Twitter before the conference. I had been following the #DisneySMMoms hashtag and so had he. We had a brief conversation via Twitter and that was the end of it… or so I thought.
Ramon is a talented social media strategist. He understands how to build a brand on social media and develops best practices. He used our conversation on Twitter to discuss social media engagement, specifically Twitter. I typically post tweets and re-tweet on Twitter, but I struggle with follower engagement. Ramon actively engages his followers and because of this he has a strong social media presence.
I listened to Ramon and try to implement his social media practices as much as possible. Since Disney Social Media Moms I have had a steady growth of followers on Twitter and I believe it is because I listened and implemented things Ramon discussed. Some of my new Twitter followers are now readers on my blog and that helps to build my brand.
It was a fantastic conference and I look forward to many more #DisneySide adventures with my family. If you are interested in apply for next year’s On The Road event check out Disney Social Media Moms.