I love to see the sparkle in my son’s eyes when I mention Santa Claus. He is four, and to him, Santa might be the only person cooler than his mom. I’m excited to share a holiday experience with him this year, the Macy’s Fountain Place 10th annual Downtown Dazzle. They have events scheduled that are suitable for all ages; Macy’s is sponsoring carriage rides, character photo opportunities, story time, and I’ve even heard Santa Claus rappells down the 525 Vine building! I can easily imagine Gabe yelling, “Go, Santa, Go!”
This year’s festivities at Macy’s Fountain Place include:
- Friday, November 28th, 2014 Macy’s Light up the Square. The official tree lighting ceremony for the Macy’s Fountain Place tree is at 7:25pm with fireworks starting at 7:30pm.
- Every Saturday night at 5:45pm from November 29th to December 20th the evening begins with an outdoor choir performance, and Santa will rappell down the 525 Vine building. Bring the children inside to the 3rd floor of Macy’s for story time with Mrs. Claus beginning at 7:15pm and 7:45pm The other events following the choir performance change every weekend.
- Saturday, November 29th after the fireworks, head inside Macy’s to take photographs with the Holiday Character Crew.
- Saturday, December 6th after the fireworks, the Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati will be performing scenes from The Snow Queen inside Macy’s.
- Saturday, December 13th at 7:30pm Macy’s will feature Cincinnati Ballet’s Nutcracker and students from the Cincinnati Ballet Otto M. Budig Academy.
- Weekends beginning November 28th and ending December 14th take a free carriage ride through downtown Cincinnati departing from Macy’s Celebration Station on the corner of Fifth and Race Streets.
- Friday, November 28th and Saturday, December 20th Roodwood Pottery Commemorative Art Tile signing with artist, Gary Simon.
Photos with Santa Claus!
You can’t miss photos with Santa! Macy’s Fountain Place wants you to bring your kiddos and a camera to capture those special moments with Santa Claus. He will be available in his own Fountain Place “North Pole” on select dates and times.
- Fridays and Saturdays November 28th to December 20th from 12pm to 8pm.
- Sundays November 29th to December 21st from 12pm to 6pm.
- Thursdays December 4th to December 18th from 3pm to 7pm.
- Monday through Wednesday December 22nd to December 24th from 12pm to 5pm.
I love being able to spend more time with family and friends during the holiday season. We have penciled in a family outing to Cincinnati to attend the November 13th event, I’m excited to see the Cincinnati Ballet’s Nutcracker. My son will be excited to see Santa and take a carriage ride, and I am looking forward to the photo opportunities with all of the gorgeous decorations.
Mark your calendars and save the dates for Macy’s Fountain Place 10th Annual Downtown Dazzle.
Have you ever been to Macy’s Downtown Dazzle? Do you have any plans to go this holiday season?
Disclaimer: This a sponsored post for Macy’s Fountain Place through the Everywhere Agency, however all opinions contained herein are entirely my own.