It was snowing when we woke up this morning. I decided that since snow is rare for us this winter (watch that statement will conjure a blizzard, although I did buy Gabe Land’s End snow bibs and I am pretty sure that warded off any chance of snow), I would make something special. I had some Barney Butter Vanilla Bean Expresso Almond Butter in the cabinet that I wanted to use to create something. I wasn’t compensated for this recipe; I stumbled across this delicious nut butter at HomeGoods. I added some flour, buttermilk, and a few other ingredients to create these tender Vanilla Bean Expresso Almond Butter Muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Vanilla Bean Espresso Almond Butter or plain Almond Butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can substitute for regular)
- ¼ cup almond slices
- If you use plain almond butter you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or an additional teaspoon of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of espresso powder.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place muffin wrappers in muffin tin
- Mix all the dry ingredients together well
- Add wet ingredients including almond butter and mix on medium high
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full and sprinkle with almond slices
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Tip: Spray muffin liners with nonstick baking spray and wipe top of muffin tins with a damp rag after they are filled.
These muffins might be my favorite, seriously! They are very soft and moist. The flavors aren’t overpowering or too sweet. The almonds added to the top add just a bit of crunch. I’m pretty sure my kiddo has eaten three today but I don’t feel guilty. I’m glad he enjoyed them.
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe?