I skipped breakfast this morning; it was the second time in the past five days. Then my day happened, and it ended up being nearly 2pm before I got to eat lunch; I was very hungry and cranky. I ran out of Atkins shakes which I occasionally use to supplement my diet. It is too easy to skip meals when I am busy working at home and trying to get my son to school. Meal planning has been essential to my dieting success in the past, and that included having a back up plan. A major advantage of the Atkins diet is that there are so many meal and snack options available. I am less likely to skip meals, make unhealthy choices, or overindulge when I plan ahead and I have a variety of choices available at home.
The Atkins shakes are available in 8 delicious flavors which include:
- Mocha Latte with 15g protein, 1g sugar, 2g fiber, and 160 calories-3 net carbs
- Cafe Caramel with 15g protein, 1g sugar, 1g fiber, and 160 calories-3 net carbs
- Dark Chocolate Royal with 15g, 1g sugar, 4g fiber, and 160 calories-2 net carbs
- French Vanilla with 15g protein, 1g sugar, 1g fiber, and 160 calories-1 net carb
- Milk Chocolate Delight with 15g protein, 1g sugar, 3g fiber, and 160 calories-2 net carbs
- Strawberry with 15g protein, 1g sugar, 1g fiber, and 160 calories-1 net carb
- Strawberry Banana with 10g protein, 0g sugar, 7g fiber, and 140 calories-2 net carbs
- Creamy Chocolate with 10g protein, 0g sugar, 7g fiber, and 140 calories-3 net carbs
Atkins shakes are especially handy when I get a chocolate craving. I add a few ice cubes to my blender and make myself a chocolate milk shake from the creamy chocolate or the dark chocolate royal. The shakes make a quick meal replacement or a delightful snack. Atkins shakes are available from most major retailers and can be purchased online from the Atkins website. The biggest advantage for me is the simplicity of Atkins shakes and snacks. A mom on the go doesn’t always have time to cook, and fast food is a fast way to lose ground in my weight loss plans. I make a quick trip through the kitchen, and find something that cures my cravings without breaking any important resolutions or leaving me hungry.
We are just a few days into the new year, and it isn’t too late to commit yourself to a healthier lifestyle. The Atkins diet has a plan to suit your needs. The Atkins 20 plan, which is the traditional Atkins diet, and the Atkins 40 plan lets you have a constant allowance of protein and net carbs throughout the diet. There are so many resources available on their website including a free diet guide and coupons.
Did you make a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight or to get fit?
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Atkins.