Influenster sent me a VoxBox with Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread in it. Gabe loves just about all forms of nut butters and spreads, and his favorite chocolate snack is probably a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I saw recipes on Pinterest for a chocolate nut spread type mousse. I decided that I wanted to create a similar dessert for Gabe, but with the Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread.
This recipe has two main ingredients, plus optional chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and peanut garnish.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chocolate spread
- Optional chopped peanuts and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for garnish
- Chill whatever bowl and beaters you plan to use in the freezer for 15 minutes prior to beating whipping cream.
- Measure out the Reese's spread and place in a small bowl.
- Beat whipping cream on high until soft peaks form.
- Place a few tablespoons of whipped cream in the small bowl with the Reese's spread, and slowly incorporate the two.
- Reese's spread is very thick and the previous step makes it easier to incorporate the two.
- Fold the contents of the small bowl with the rest of the whipped cream.
- Take care not to stir it so much that you start to break down the whipped cream.
- Spread into individual serving dishes and garnish as desired.
Even if you count chilling time, this dessert can be prepared in under 30 minutes. It can be served almost immediately, but it is best chilled. This would also be tasty layered in a parfait or trifle.
What is your favorite candy bar? Have you ever tried to make it into a dessert?