My son loves to help me cook. We enjoy spending the time together and it’s a learning experience for him. I have taught him to measure ingredients, count eggs, and how to be safe in the kitchen. I created this dessert while we played in the kitchen together and as part of our Easter season celebration. These Birds Nest Pudding Cups are inspired by Gabe’s love of birds nests. He was so excited to help decorate the nests with SWEETARTS® Jelly Beans.
What comes to mind when you think of Easter? I think about spending time with my family, baby animals, and of course, spring! Since we live on a farm, we see lots of babies. Last year Gabe helped Jeremy build a new bird house for some of the birds and we had a nest full of baby birds shortly after.
Here is my recipe for a fun treat you can make with your little ones to celebrate Easter. It’s a great way to let them help in the kitchen and spend some quality family time together.
- 1 3.4 oz box of pudding
- 1 bag SWEETARTS® Jelly Beans
- 2.5 cups flake coconut
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare pudding according to directions
- Pour into individual serving cups and refrigerate
- Beat egg whites until frothy
- Slowly add salt, flour, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix well
- Stir in coconut
- Batter will be thick
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Press thumb into center of the batter and shape into "nests"
- Bake 18-24 minutes until edges are slightly brown and cookies are firm
- Allow cookies to completely cool
- Place them on top of pudding cups and decorate with jelly beans.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately
The taste of chewy coconut macaroons, creamy pudding, and sweet and slightly tart SWEETARTS® Jelly Beans make for a tasty treat. The kids really loved it because it looked fun and Gabe could help decorate by choosing the jelly beans to add to the “nests”. We enjoyed making memories together.
The SWEETARTS® Jelly Beans come in cherry, lemon, grape, orange, blue punch, and green apple. They’re full of SWEETARTS® flavor.
Does your family help you in the kitchen? Check out the entire line of Nestle® products available to make your Easter entertaining and family time easier.