This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameSnacks #CollectiveBias
March is a busy time for basketball fans. It’s hard to live in Kentucky, and to not be drawn into the madness. We’re the typical basketball loving household, and we enjoy watching the games with friends and family. This means we’re also eating together. It can be tough to please everyone, and to serve a crowd. A new display of Cheez-It products at our local Walmart inspired me to recreate my own Cheez-It version of a family favorite, chicken taco casserole. This recipe is loaded with shredded chicken, tomatoes, black beans, sour cream, cheese, and of course, a variety of Cheez-It flavors.
Casseroles are super handy for game day. They can be prepped ahead of time and placed in the fridge until ready to bake. You can double this recipe or cut it in half, depending on how many people you need to serve. Personally we liked the Zesty Cheddar Ranch combo, but feel free to mix and match your Cheez-It preference. There’s a new variety of Cheez-Its called Cheez-It Crunch’d. It’s fun too!
- 2 10.5 ounce cans reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 3.5 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes (if using canned drain well)
- ½ packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 4 cups Cheez-Its
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup rinsed/drained black beans
- 3-5 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- optional additions hot sauce, cilantro, or green onions depending on taste preference
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix soup, sour cream, chicken, beans, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and optional add-in ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour ½ mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover with half of the shredded cheese.
- Spread ½ Cheez-Its over the cheese.
- Top with remaining chicken mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil.
- Add remaining cheese.
- Cover with Cheez-Its and bake another 20 minutes uncovered.
This could be used as a cheesy appetizer, or add some lettuce or a salad and make this a quick game day dinner. Cheez-Its now come in a wide variety of shapes, tastes, and flavors. You can pick your favorite, or you could even mix and match.
The new Cheez-It Crunch’d is available in Cheddar Cheese and Hot and Spicy flavors. Cheez-It Grooves are available in Zesty Cheddar Ranch, Original Cheddar, and Sharp White Cheddar.
Cheez-Its is hosting a Most Valuable Cheese Contest t from Feb – April 2015. Users can vote on their favorite flavors/varieties from six popular Cheez-It flavors and play games for a chance to win $10,000.
Who will you be cheering for on game day?