This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TBD #CollectiveBias #TinkAndNeverBeast
I might live in a house full of boys, but we still love Tinker Bell. It began with Peter Pan, and we have watched every Tinker Bell movie since. We even stood in line at Walt Disney World to get fan photos with our favorite fairies. My son was very excited when he watched the trailer for Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast; Who doesn’t love a good beast? He and I saw a few Tinker Bell items at our local Walmart, and he “had to have” the Tinker Bell bubble wand. We decided to bake some Tinker Bell cupcakes to celebrate the release of Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast.
My son loves a good cupcake; the only thing that would make a cupcake better for him is that he gets to decorate it himself. I had done shapes with melted chocolate previously and I decided it would be fun to attempt fairy wings. These cupcakes are rolled in golden sugar “pixie dust” and topped with white chocolate fairy wings and Tinker Bell green candies. You could make these for a fairy party or a family movie night at home. They took me roughly an hour from start to finish to make.
- 1 cake mix prepared as directed
- 8 oz buttercream frosting
- gold sugar sprinkles
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- roughly 40 round green candies (baker's choice)
- Prepare cupcakes as directed by the mix.
- While cupcakes are baking prepare white chocolate fairy wings
- Lay down a sheet of wax paper to pipe chocolate onto
- Mix vegetable oil with chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
- Melt chocolate in the microwave on the lowest setting for 10-15 second increments until melted
- Tip: Melt chocolate in a spouted microwave safe measuring cup or bowl for easy pouring
- Pour chocolate into piping bag or squeeze bottle with a small tip
- Pipe chocolate onto wax paper in wing shapes
- Chocolate will harden shortly but it can be refrigerated to speed the process.
- When cupcakes are completely cool liberally frost with buttercream
- Place sprinkles in a small bowl
- Roll the top of the cupcake in the sprinkles until completely coated
- Carefully remove wings from the wax paper and press them into frosting
- Add green candies down the center
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Although Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast won’t be available until March 3, Walmart already has a selection of Tinker Bell merchandise. My son loves playing with bubbles, so he wanted the Tinker Bell bubble wand.
Are you a Tinker Bell fan? Do you plan to purchase Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast? You can purchase it at your local Walmart beginning tomorrow!