I’m sharing my “Me Moment” thanks to the sponsorship of Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are entirely my own. #MullerMoment #CollectiveBias
I have a love for vanilla bean flavored anything. My personal favorite is vanilla bean ice cream. While shopping at my local Walmart, I stumbled upon the new Müller’s® Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt. I couldn’t help but grab at least one of every variety, but I grabbed several of the vanilla bean flavor. I knew I wanted to make something with the yogurt, and I wanted my creation to retain the yogurt’s flavor. I recalled my great-grandmother making an icebox pie. I had never attempted to make one, but I remembered they weren’t too complex. I think my great-grandmother would be proud of my Vanilla Bean Icebox Pie. It wasn’t too shabby for a first attempt. I opted for a chocolate ganache that I garnished with almonds.
Icebox pies are relatively simple. They require only a handful of ingredients and set up in the freezer. This recipe is basically butter cookies, butter, yogurt, whipped cream, dark chocolate, and optional almonds. It took less than 15 minutes to make and requires about two hours in the freezer. You basically want it to freeze so that it will release from the springform pan.
- 3 containers Müller® Vanilla Bean Yogurt
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 cups crushed cookies (I used butter cookies)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- optional almonds for garnish
- Lock a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom of a springform pan. (check photo below)
- Mix cookies and butter until throughly moistened.
- Press into the bottom of springform pan.
- Fold yogurt and whipped cream together.
- Pour mixture on crust.
- Place into freezer until slightly firm.
- Melt chocolate with double-boiler or microwave and mix in whipping cream.
- Mix chocolate, whipping cream, and salt.
- Allow mixture to cool and pour on top of pie.
- Garnish with almonds.
- Place back in freezer until 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving
This Vanilla Bean Icebox Pie was delicious, and disappeared quickly. It’s great because you can prep it the night before a family dinner, and you’re not spending extra time cooking. My entire family had a “Me Moment” at dinner.
The Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt is available in three delicious flavors:
- Vanilla Bean
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip
- Mint Chocolate Chip
Each container has 7 grams of protein, and between 190-210 calories. Love Müller®? Visit www.Mullerquaker.com to sign up on for their mailing list and receive the latest news and offers. As a thank you, you’ll also get a coupon to use toward your next purchase!
Check out Müller on their social channels:
If you wanna give the yogurt a try, be on the lookout for Müller demos that are being held in various Walmart locations March 12-15.
This is a perfect warm weather dessert. I’m ready for warmer weather, how about you?