I’m a PTPA Brand Ambassador with Restonic Mattresses and I received compensation for this post; however all opinions are entirely my own.
It wasn’t until I wrote my first post for Restonic that I realized how increasingly bad my sleeping habits had gotten. There was absolutely no reason why I was going to bed at 1 or 2am, and then spending the rest of the following day as Ms. Grouchy Pants. My old habits are dying hard, but I’m taking gradual steps to help improve my bedtime routine. I’m sharing how I get ready to #GoToBed with some tips I received partnering with Restonic Mattresses.
So how did I manage to change my sleeping habits in the last 30 days?
- I started by planning out my evenings. Simply deciding whether I needed to cook dinner before or after a baseball game so that I could be in bed by 10pm. When Gabe has a 545 baseball game that isn’t over until 7, that only gives me 3 hours to get back home, cook dinner, clean up the dishes, bath him, and get settled into bed. The same concept applies throughout the year because Gabe plays several sports. I also planned out our meals, so that I could work more efficiently in the kitchen.
- I found a relaxing bedtime activity. Gabe and I enjoy reading together. We keep a selection of books near the bedside table so that we can read a few together each night. He often falls asleep while I’m reading, and I’m fairly drowsy when we’re done. It’s a great way for he and I to get quality time together, and relax so that we can fall asleep faster. It also helps to establish a healthy bedtime routine for Gabe.
- I resist the urge to turn on the bedroom television at night; I realized that instead of helping me fall asleep, it actually keeps me awake. It’s easy to get wrapped up in a movie plot or to decide to watch an extra episode of something. I try to make myself watch any evening television in the living room, and I just record any late episodes to watch later.
- I try to keep our sleep space clean and relaxing. I regularly change and wash our sheets. I find the scent of lavender very relaxing, and I love using lavender linen sprays. I also wash our sheets in a lavender scented detergent, fabric softener, and a scent booster.
- I’m investing in a new mattress. I’ve had my present mattress for a few years, and there are growing “divots” in the bed. I don’t sleep very restfully, and I often wake up with a sore neck. I’ve started saving to purchase a new quality mattress. I think I’m going to invest in a Restonic ComfortCare® Limited.
- I realized that I wake frequently during the night to go to the bathroom. I don’t drink enough water during the day, and I try to compensate for that during the evenings. I’ve started reminding myself to drink more water during the day, and I limit the amount of water I drink late in the evening. I can get a more restful night’s sleep if I’m not getting up every few hours to use the bathroom.
Are you ready for a giveaway? Restonic is giving away a Restonic ComfortCare® Select Mattress to one lucky individual. Restonic has won the Women’s Choice Award for excellence for 5 consecutive years. Isn’t that an amazing feat for a brand? They have also won a Consumers Digest Best Buy Award multiple times. If you don’t win the mattress and you’re still interesting in learning more about Restonic Mattresses you can find a local retailer here.
Restonic Mom 2 Mom Challenge
Make sure you check out all of the Restonic social channels:
Did you enter the giveaway?