This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
Do you know what a “walking taco“ is? They’ve been all the craze the last year or so. You basically take tacos ingredients combined in a bag of crushed corn chips and a fork to create a “taco” that you can walk and eat. I always thought that could be a fun and quick party snack if you used the right ingredients. I’m setting up a Halloween themed end of season party for the soccer team that I coach, and decided to put my idea to the test. I used the new glow-in-the-dark 2-pack OREOs, Nabisco Spooky Edition Classic Mix, and a few fun ingredients that I paired with Fanta Orange Soda; it was a party spread that I prepped and had on the table in under 15 minutes.
I call my treat a Walking Sundae, but you don’t have to worry with the mess of melting ice cream. It’s fun because everyone can individualize their sweet treat.
Here are the supplies you’ll need (don’t be afraid to get creative).
- Glow-in-the-dark 30 count OREOS (individually packaged in pairs)
- Nabisco Spooky Edition Fun Snacks Mix
- Assorted diced fruits (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries)
- Assorted diced nuts (almonds, pecans, peanuts)
- Miniature marshmallows
- Vanilla greek yogurt
- Chocolate and vanilla pudding
- Chocolate chips
- Assorted small candy
- Whipped cream
*You can omit or add toppings depending on the tastes of your guests.
You’ll also want to pick up some Fanta because the orange cans paired with green paper straws add a festive Halloween touch.
- Slightly crunch the cookies up in the bag so they can be mixed in with the other ingredients.
- Carefully open the top of the cookie bag
- Add a dollop of pudding or greek yogurt
- Add desired toppings
- Add whipped cream and sprinkles
- Give the bag a quick stir, and enjoy!
These are fun and easy to make. It’s like a sundae without the ice cream.
Host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab, Evette Rios has created a custom, Walmart-exclusive recipe that combines the taste of both Fanta and OREO. This recipe can be found exclusively on the #SpookySnacks social hub.
You can find both products at your local Walmart.
Will you be throwing an parties or get-togethers around Halloween? If so, what do you plan to do to feed and entertain your guests. Check out this link for more great ideas.