This post is sponsored by Fandango, however all opinions are entirely my own.
One of the first movies that I took Gabe to see was Hotel Transylvania. He was a few months shy of three years old when it came out, and I was shocked he sat through the movie. It was a fun Halloween themed movie, without being too scary for a child. We purchased it when it was released, and we’ve watched it dozens of times since. I was so excited hear about Hotel Transylvania 2, and Gabe and I were looking forward to a sequel. Hotel Transylvania 2 opens in theaters on September 25. Who’s going to see it? (I’m raising my own hand). I’ll be using my Fandango app to reserve our tickets. I thought I would show my creative Murray the Mummy cupcakes inspired by Hotel Transylvania 2, and share how you can win tickets of your own to see it (at the bottom of the post).
Do you know who Murray the Mummy is? He’s a lovable, and slightly smelly mummy from Hotel Transylvania. He’s also a BFF of Dracula.
Do you think the cupcakes look like Murray? They’re certainly inspired by him, and his toothy grin.
These are so simple to make, and even little hands can help.
- Bake Cupcakes
- 3 cups chocolate frosting
- 5 drops black gel food coloring
- Bright green Sixlets
- Candy corn
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white fondant
- Prepare cupcakes and allow them to cool completely.
- Combine chocolate frosting and gel food coloring, and mix well.
- You might need to add a few additional drops of food coloring based upon the strength/darkness of frosting
- Pipe frosting in a cone shape on cupcakes
- Cut candy corn in half
- Place two Sixlet candies in cupcakes for eyes and 4 shortened candy corn for teeth
- Refrigerate until icing starts to firm up.
- Roll out fondant using the powdered sugar
- The fondant will need to be thin
- Using a pizza cutting wheel, cut the fondant into random sized strips
- Place two short strips across the top of the cupcake
- Wrap longer strips of fondant around the cupcake
- You can press lightly to secure or use a little water to adhere fondant together
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
These would be great for Halloween too or maybe a Hotel Transylvania inspired birthday?
Would you like to win tickets to see Hotel Transylvania 2? I’m giving away a $100 Fandango gift card that could be used to order your tickets to see #HotelT2. Enter using the widget below and good luck everyone.