This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackYourSnack #CollectiveBias
Have you ever needed an appetizer quickly, but didn’t want it to look like you just heated a box from your freezer? That’s the genius of semi-homemade recipe ideas: they make you look like you spent hours in the kitchen. My Prosciutto Wrapped Caprese Bites only require four ingredients, but if you like them topped with balsamic vinegar you can stretch those to five. You can have a beautiful and tasty appetizer on the table in under 20 mins with the help of Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites. Please don’t leave the page without checking out the details of the Farm Rich Back Your Snack tasting demos at the bottom of this post; you can get entered to win 1 of 5 sweepstakes prize packs.
My family is no stranger to busy. Jeremy is a commuting college professor and Program Director. Gabe plays several sports, and is also in children’s theater. I write, photograph, and coach soccer. We live in a rural area, and my options for eating out or getting food for entertaining is very limited. It’s fun to create quick and easy recipes that look…well… fancy. These cute, decorative food picks add a nice touch to a simple snack or appetizer.
- 4 strips prosciutto
- 8 Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites
- 2-3 Campari tomatoes
- 8 medium basil leaves
- Optional: Balsamic Vinegar for dressing
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut prosciutto strips in half lengthwise
- Wrap Mozzarella Bites in prosciutto, securing ends under the bottom
- Bake 9-10 minutes
- While they're baking, slice rounds of Campari tomatoes
- Allow prosciutto wrapped Mozzarella Bites to slightly cool
- Build them while plating
- Place one basil leaf on top of each prosciutto wrapped Mozzarella Bite
- Add tomato slice on top of the basil leaf and secure with a food/toothpick
If you don’t like prosciutto or you live in an area where you can’t find prosciutto, you can always omit it. I love the smoky, and slightly salty flavor that it adds.
Want to check out more Farm Rich inspired snacks? Check your local Walmart for Farm Rich Back Your Snack in-store demos of the contest semi-finalists 9/19-9/20 and finalists on 10/9 and 10/11, and vote for your favorite. You can view the entries on the Farm Rich Back Your Snack contest page and check out full rules here. One lucky winner will take home a $10,000 prize. There will be 5 winners amongst the voter “sweepstakes”
- The Sweepstakes Prize is a prize pack containing all of the following items: a tote bag, a meat thermometer, grilling tongs, an oven sheet, an oven mitt, $50 worth of Farm Rich product coupons and a $50 Walmart Gift Card. The ARV of each Sweepstakes Prize is $140. Total ARV of all Sweepstakes Prizes is Seven Hundred Dollars ($700.00).
You can purchase all the ingredients for the Prosciutto Wrapped Caprese Bites at your local Walmart. The Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites are located in the frozen food section.