My great grandmother made the most delicious butterscotch pie, and it’s an odd coincidence that it’s also Jeremy’s favorite flavor.
buy flexeril online healthcoachmichelle.com/wp-content/languages/new/online/flexeril.html no prescription
I love the taste of her classic recipes, but I also like to spice them up a bit and make them my own.
buy ivermectin online healthcoachmichelle.com/wp-content/languages/new/online/ivermectin.html no prescription
Jeremy also has a fondness for Kentucky bourbon, and he regards himself as a bourbon connoisseur. I decided to add a splash of a good Kentucky bourbon to my great grandmothers butterscotch pie recipe for this tasty Bourbon Butterscotch Pie.
buy cipro online healthcoachmichelle.com/wp-content/languages/new/online/cipro.html no prescription
Most of the alcohol will cook from the pie during simmering, but it adds a distinct flavor and richness. I also didn’t have any issues with this recipe setting up firm enough to slice.
You could add a dollop of fresh whipped cream or even bake a meringue on top. I prefer mine plain.
- 4 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 stick butter
- 1⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup good quality Kentucky bourbon
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 pie crust baked according to package directions
- Brown butter, brown sugar, and bourbon in a large skillet/kettle on medium/low heat stirring frequently.
- Cook roughly 10 mins and thick paste should form
- Beat eggs until they begin to get foamy
- Mix ½ cup milk, cornstarch,salt, and flour in a small bowl until smooth
- Add mixture to the eggs and mix well
- Add vanilla
- Slowly add evaporated milk and remaining milk to butter, brown sugar, and bourbon mixture
- Simmer on low until it begins to boil
- Add ¼ cup of hot butter, brown sugar, and bourbon mixture to the egg mixture and stir well
- Add another ¼ cup to ensure eggs have tempered.
- Pour egg mixture into the butter, brown sugar, and bourbon mixture.
- Simmer on low/medium heat for 10 mins and stir frequently
- Pour into baked pie crust and chill for several hours before serving.
What’s your favorite pie?