This post is sponsored by Fandango, however all opinions are entirely my own.
While I was growing up, I can remember watching all of the Charlie Brown holiday movies at my grandparents house. They would come on television, and we would plan sleepovers with my Maw and Paw. My favorite is It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, closely followed by A Charlie Brown Christmas. I have several Peanuts stuffed animals, and I still have a large Peanuts book from the 70’s (it belonged to my mom). I’ve been excited about sharing my Peanuts memories with son, who’s equally excited about watching The Peanuts Movie. I created a Peanuts themed holiday party for Fandango, and I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes from the party here, Peppermint Patty Cookies.
Throwing a Peanuts themed party was so much fun; my nephew is actually having a Peanuts party at the movies this weekend to celebrate his birthday. I curated a few Peanuts character themed desserts and appetizers. You can head over to Fandango by following this link and checking out the full party post.
- 1½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttercream frosting
- ½ mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Melt ½ cup chocolate chips
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until creamy
- Add melted chocolate, egg, and vanilla to the mixture
- Mix in flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until well incorporated
- Fold in remaining chocolate chips
- Drop cookies onto a greased baking sheet
- Bake 12-15 minutes
- Mix mint chocolate chips with buttercream frosting
- Spread frosting mixture on the bottom of a completely cooled cookie and top with another cookie
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
These cookies are delicious for any occasion, but they’re especially fun or parties. Planning a birthday party or holiday celebration? Make sure you head over to Fandango to check out the full Peanuts themed holiday party post with directions, including how to build that adorable Snoopy doghouse in under 20 mins. You can find local theaters and show times for The Peanuts Movie on Fandango.com or the Fandango app.