This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavorTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Do you like stuffing? I could eat it as a main dish. This recipe from Jimmy Dean® for Sausage Cornbread Stuffing is loaded with delicious Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage and homemade cornbread, and it is definitely hearty enough to be eaten alone.
I’ll be brutally honest, I make boxed stuffing more than homemade. It’s a mixture of laziness, and not being able to find a recipe that I love. This recipe from Jimmy Dean® is made from scratch using cornbread, and it’s so simple to make. I can’t image making boxed stuffing now that I know how delicious this recipe is.
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Roll Sausage
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Cook crumbled sausage, onion, and celery over medium heat until sausage is done
- Drain well and place in a large bowl
- Add parsley, poultry seasoning, and cornbread
- Mix well
- Add chicken broth and egg, and mix until combined
- (optional) Add in pecans
- Place in lightly greased baking dish and cover
- Bake covered 35 minutes
- Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes
I generally keep most of the ingredients for this Sausage Cornbread Stuffing in my pantry and fridge. We regularly keep Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage on hand; it’s also the brand that my grandmother purchases. I’ll be making this side for our holiday dinner to serve with my grandmother’s chicken and dumplings; I made it last night to serve with cornish hens.
What else are you making during the holiday season? I spotted another stuffing recipe that also sounds delicious (Maple Apple Sausage Stuffing) on the Jimmy Dean® website; you can check it out here.
Your local Meijer location has a variety of Jimmy Dean® products available for purchase.