I was working on a sponsored post a few days ago, and I created a Blackberry Lemon Fizz mocktail that was really popular on the blog. I love the flavor combination of a slightly tart lemon and a sweet blackberry. Jeremy wanted something sweet and he loves cheesecake; I’m not a fan of baking them. I make him one on occasion when I have lots of extra cream cheese or eggs on hand. I created this Blackberry Lemon Cream Cheese Tart which combines Jeremy’s fondness for cheesecake, and my affinity for the blackberry and lemon combination. It’s super easy to whip up, and a tasty little treat.
I was out of whipped cream and whipping cream, otherwise this tart would have gotten a dollop.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 8 oz bar softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup lemon curd
- ⅓ cup smashed fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Press unbaked pie crust into the bottom of a tart part
- Trim top of crust
- Spread ⅓ cup lemon curd on the bottom of the crust
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream until well incorporated
- Add in sugar and mix again
- Add egg and beat well until a thick batter forms
- Spread on top of lemon curd in tart pan
- Sprinkle small spoonfuls of blackberries on top of batter and carefully swirl into mixture
- Bake 30-45 minutes
- Tart should not excessively giggle when fully cooked
- Cool completely before serving or refrigerating
I originally made this with 1 cup of lemon curd, and it overwhelmed both the cheesecake and the blackberry flavor. I would use between 1/3 and 1/2 cup of lemon curd depending on how strong you like lemon.
Do you like the combination of blackberry and lemon? This is so much easier than baking a large cheesecake and a lot lighter.
What did you bake during the holidays?