This post was sponsored by Dunkin’ Donuts as part of a Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review
Hosting a small party for your bridesmaids and other bridal party members right after you’ve tried on your wedding dress (that I ordered roughly 18 months ago) is rarely a good idea. My wedding is about 12 weeks away; it’s going to take carrot sticks, water, and many miles on my bike to ensure that my dress fits properly. I’m going to have to give up my cupcakes, but I could never give up my coffee. I decided I would try to to host a guilt-free bridal party with the help of Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee. I know I’m not the only person in my bridal party stressed over whether her dress will fit properly, so I tried to give everyone a few options. Here are a few tips for a guilt-free bridal party.
The Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Cupcake flavored coffee smells amazing. I love to squeeze the bag and then take a whiff. When I feel like I need something sweet, I make a pot of coffee and sip on it while I work.
Our party spread included some mini cupcakes (at 95 calories each, most people can afford to have one), portion sized bags of popcorn, fruit, yogurt dips, veggies, and assortment of beverages including Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Cupcake flavored coffee. I color coordinated a few other pieces such as napkins, photo props, straws, and paper fans to make it a little more festive.
I had enough bags of Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Cupcake flavored coffee to send everyone home with one. It was my way of saying thank you for joining me, and allowed them to have a guilt-free treat for later.
Here are a few tips for a guilt-free bridal party (or any type of party):
- Help manage portion control by having snacks prepackaged. I used a lighter version of popcorn and measured them into clear single serve bags. I can keep a better count on the number of calories I consume when I measure it in advance.
- Don’t try to skip sweets altogether. A party just isn’t a party without some kind of slightly-sweet snack. Choose bite size options so you don’t have to forego sweets altogether.
- Serve drinks such as diet soda, coffee, tea, or water. There are so many flavored specialty drinks that don’t have nearly as many calories as as punch. Consider offering a lighter version of iced coffee for a fun twist.
- Fruit and veggie platters are always a big hit, but try to choose lighter versions of your regular dips. I chose a coconut Greek yogurt and a vanilla bean Greek yogurt for my fruit dips.
- Offer your guests something other than food. The photo props give your guests something fun to do. Decide on a hashtag for your party and collect the photos for your photo or scrapbook.
Are you planning any big parties? Worried about fitting into an important dress? I’d love to hear more about your party plans and entertaining ideas.