When I was growing up, I hated Pimento Cheese; I guess I had tried the store bought version once and it ruined me. In adulthood, a friend convinced me to try some that her mother had made, and I realized what I had been missing out on. I had planned to make Pimento Cheese this past weekend, but I forgot to pick up a jar while I was grocery shopping. I was sorely disappointed. While prowling through the kitchen cabinets, I spotted a jar of Roasted Red Peppers. Jeremy suggested that I used them instead, and my recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Spread was born. I actually really like the flavor of the Roasted Red Peppers over Pimento Peppers.
What I love about Pimento Cheese or this Roasted Red Pepper Cheese is that it can be made ahead of time, and stored in the refrigerator. I actually put it on my ham sandwich in lieu of sandwich spread when I made lunch today. My favorite way to eat Roasted Red Pepper Cheese is spread on club crackers. I love how the salty crackers pair with the bite of sharp cheddar and the lightly sweet peppers.
It’s a nice addition to a party menu too.
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 4 ounces of drained, diced roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature
- Mix in mayo or Miracle Whip, a few tablespoons at a time until somewhat smooth
- Add dry seasoning and Worcestershire sauce until well combined
- Fold in shredded cheese
- Store in airtight container until ready to use
Do you like Pimento Cheese? If you do, you might want to Pin this recipe for later. If you decide to try my recipe, please come back and let me know if you enjoyed it. I love reader feedback.