This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ItsMyMasterpiece #CollectiveBias
My fiance’s drink of choice has always been a Diet Coke; we generally keep a case or two around the house so that he never runs out. We spotted the new Diet Coke IT’S MINE glass bottles on an end cap at our local Walmart. Every bottle is unique, and he picked out a few to purchase. I decided to repurpose the bottles and create this Upcycled Glass Bottle Bird Feeder Tutorial. It’s a fun way to spruce up your yard, and support local birds.
Doesn’t it make a colorful bird feeder?
I love the feel of glass bottles. While I lived in Bogota, Colombia, all Coca-Cola products were sold in glass bottles. They feel nice in your hand, and they are recyclable. A driver would drop off our new case of glass bottled Coca-Cola products and pick up the empty bottles. I think all Coca-Cola products taste better in a glass bottle, or at least I’ve convinced myself of that.
The new Diet Coke IT’S MINE glass bottles are colorful with distinctive patterns on the wrappers.
Supplies needed for this Upcycled Glass Bottle Bird Feeder Tutorial:
- Diet Coke IT’S MINE glass bottle
- Wooden corn cob holder/squirrel feeder
- Small bowl
- jute cord
- Bird seed
- Optional funnel
- Almost all wooden corn feeders have pre-drilled holes in the back. If the feeder you have doesn’t have holes, drill holes near the top and middle.
- Wash and dry the Diet Coke IT’S Mine glass bottle
- Thread jute twine or string through the top hole. Tie a double knot on the back of the feeder to prevent the jute twine from threading back through.
- Wrap jute around the bottle several times, keeping it snug. Tie the jute snuggly behind the bottle.
- Repeat the step on the lower hole.
- Flip the bottle up and fill with bird seed.
- Fill the bottom of the bowl with bird seed.
- Hold pressure on the top of the bottle and flip the bird feeder over.
- Slide bowl under the bottom.
- Hang your new bird feeder.
Check out all of the individual designs that come on the Diet Coke IT’S MINE glass bottles.
Did you like any particular design on the Diet Coke IT’S MINE glass bottles? Well too bad, it’s mine. lol If you head to your local Walmart, you can find your own. Do you have any good ideas to create something with the bottles? You can share own own masterpiece on the Share My Masterpiece website here and you can browse other great ideas.