“This Banana Split Cookie Sundaes recipe post was sponsored by Hello Happy. Hello Hershey’s, as part of an Ambassador Activation for Influence Central.”
For the past few weeks, we’ve been spending more time outside. The days have been getting longer and warmer, and we frequently have dinner on the back deck. Occasionally Jeremy’s parents join us to eat, and since we have guests I feel like I should serve dessert. Jeremy and Gabe love ice cream, and Gabe begged for banana split sundaes. I love bananas and most recipes made with bananas, but I don’t like banana split sundaes. I hate trying to chop up the banana with my spoon, and having bananas and ice cream sliding everywhere. In an effort to please everyone, including myself, I decided to make my own version of a Banana Split Sundaes; I made Banana Split Cookie Sundaes. They’re made with warm banana chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, and assortment of toppings. This recipe makes me #HelloHappy.
Did you know that June 20th is the marks the Summer Solstice for 2016? It marks the beginning of summer, and we have almost 17 hours of daylight on that day. This year, we also have a full moon on that day. If the weather is clear, it’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy more time outside. These Banana Split Cookie Sundaes can help cool you down on such a warm day, and they’re a perfect way to celebrate the start of summer.
Banana Split Cookie Sundaes Recipe:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies (see recipe below)
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- HERSHEY’S KISSES
- HERSHEY’S Chocolate Syrup
- HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars
Start by preparing these Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl
- Add dry mixture to creamed mixture
- Mix well
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes
- Cool on wire rack
Assembling Banana Split Cookie Sundaes:
- Add one Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie to the bottom of a sundae dish or bowl
- Top with scoop of ice cream
- Add second Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie to the sundae
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sliced fruit, nuts, sprinkles, or other garnish
- Serve immediately and enjoy every spoonful.
I think we are going to camp out tonight to celebrate Summer Solstice. Do you have any plans?
Do you like Banana Split Sundaes? I hope you’ll try my Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies from my recipe for Banana Split Cookie Sundaes.