This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #cbias #CollectiveBias
I enjoy changing up my table centerpieces regularly. I’ll usually trade items out every month, but that doesn’t mean I’m always buying new decor or table runners. I’m going to share how I set up this Fall Table Centerpiece in under 5 minutes, and tips for saving on seasonal home decor.
One of the hottest trends this season in home decor is plaid prints. There are various types of types of plaids; here are a few of the most popular:
- Tartan (as pictured above)
It’s hard to find table runners in plaid prints, unless it’s a Christmas Tartan. When you do find them, they can be really pricey. I like to change mine out regularly, and I’m too frugal to invest in a bunch of table runners. I’ve found that inexpensive blanket scarves and oversized scarves make neat table runners. In fact, I have an entire basket of scarves sitting in my closet.
How to create a Fall Table Centerpiece in under 5 minutes:
- Gather your table runner options
- Use a large tray to anchor your centerpiece
- Pick out a few seasonal items from your home decor
- Purchase a few candles in seasonal scents and colors
- Add seasonal organic accents such as fruits, vegetables, plants, or flowers
- Gather more items than you think you will need
You’ll want to spread out your items on a separate table, so that you can easily exchange items as needed.
The pumpkins and dried hydrangeas were both from my garden. I picked up a few pine cones from our yard. When I’m tired of the pumpkins in the centerpiece, they’ll become something delicious.
- Clean and dust your table
- Lay out your table runner
- Place your tray in the center of the table
- Start with the largest items in your centerpiece
- Vary the height of items in your centerpiece
- I place my largest items toward the center first and work my way out
- Having multiple items laid out will let you mix and match as you need
- Think outside the box and use items such as cake plates to create height in the centerpiece
- Spend some time trading pieces out and arranging until you get the desired look
American Home™ by Yankee Candle® is available at Walmart. They add a festive touch to the seasonal home decor. I like that they’re versatile and they can be relocated to other places in the house. The Homemade Pumpkin Pie candle reminds me of the smell of fresh pumpkin pies baking in the oven; many of the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® seasonal fragrances are inspired by seasonal favorites such as Sugar Coated Cinnamon, Fresh Balsam Fir, and Sweet & Salty Caramel. The candles are clean burning from start to finish. It’s the same brand quality that you’ve grown to trust, but now you can find them at your local Walmart.
See how the candles add ambient light? They also offer seasonal fragrance.
*You should always follow manufacturer’s guidelines when using products. Candles should be burned on a heat resistant surface. You should never leave a candle unattended or near a draft. If you’ve burned a candle down to where only 1/2 of the wax remains, you should discard the remaining portion. To maximize your fragrance, allow the entire top surface to pool with liquid wax.
Do you like plaid prints? Are you using anything plaid in your home decor? I’d love to see how you’re decorating your home for fall. If you’ve created a fall centerpiece that you’re proud of and you would like to show it off, send me the image and I might include it on one of my Friday Favorites Round-Ups. Don’t forget to check out the candles from American Home™ by Yankee Candle® at your local Walmart store.