This post was created in partnership with Ninja Coffee Bar® System. I received complimentary products and compensation to facilitate my review, but all opinions within are my own.
I’ve enjoyed drinking coffee as long as I can remember; my infatuation with the beverage began as a little girl. I spent a lot of time with my maternal grandparents when I was small; I refer to them as Maw and Paw. Maw would have a cup of coffee right after she woke up and I became fascinated with what she was drinking. I thought I was a “big” girl when she started making me my “own” cup. It took me years to realize that she basically heated a cup of milk and put enough coffee in it to turn the color tan. We would sit and drink our “coffee” together before we started our day, and this continued through high school and college. I cherish those memories and I wish we could share cups of coffee together more often. While I don’t recommend giving children coffee, I do recommend creating memories by spending quiet time together. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite breakfast bread recipes, Carrot Pecan Bread, and some tips for setting up your own coffee bar. You can also find out how you can enter to win your own Ninja Coffee Bar® System just like the one featured here in the widget at the bottom of this post.
I still take my coffee with a lot of milk; a latte is my drink of choice. Since I found out that I’m pregnant, I’ve stopped drinking caffeinated coffee. Luckily I like the taste of coffee more than the jolt of caffeine it provides, so I now make myself a decaf latte. The features on the Ninja Coffee Bar® System make it easy for me to brew single cups or an entire pot, and I can make coffee shop style drinks such as lattes and cappuccinos. It can also be used to heat and froth milk for delicious hot chocolate (my son’s favorite, as long as you have marshmallows). This Carrot Pecan Bread Recipe pairs well with coffee or similar warm drinks.
If the bread looks rather orange to you, that isn’t lighting or photography; it’s loaded with shredded carrots. It’s kind of like a deliciously carrot-loaded carrot cake without frosting. I tweaked this recipe to help me increase my protein and fiber intake, and lower my sugar intake. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) which is basically an exaggerated form of morning sickness that causes dehydration. I have an aversion to meat at the moment, so I’ve had to increase my protein intake through meatless sources. I’m managing the condition better with the help of prescription medication, but it has required some significant dietary changes.
If you like carrot cake sans frosting or if you think that many carrot cake recipes don’t have enough carrots, then you’ll probably love this Carrot Pecan Bread recipe.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour;
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan
- Beat eggs, oil, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl
- Mix in vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fold in carrots and pecans.
- Pour in pan
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Do not over bake
- Allow bread to cool before serving
I use to keep the bread sitting out on my coffee bar for convenience, until I realized our dog isn’t trustworthy. A few hours after I photographed this post, she stole the entire remaining loaf.
I like having a dedicated coffee bar for my Ninja Coffee Bar® System. I use a small tray to hold items such as coffee mugs, small plates, utensils, and napkins. It’s handy to keep a bar towel on the coffee bar to wipe up any spills or drips.
Features of the Ninja Coffee Bar® System include:
- Six brew sizes including cup, XL cup, travel mug, multi-serve, half carafe, and full carafe
- Five brew types class, rich, over ice, specialty, and the Ninja exclusive-Cafe Forte
- A built-in hot and cold frothing tool
- You can make drinks or dessert
- You can be your own barista in the comforts of home by creating your own personalized drink or using recipe inspiration from ninjacoffeebar.com.
Do you want to enter to win your own Ninja Coffee Bar® System? Here are a few details that you should know:
- Ninja Coffee Bar® System giveaway is the same product as the review product
- Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as a part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central and must reside in the United States
I hope you’ll try this Carrot Pecan Bread Recipe and that you took a few moments to enter the giveaway for the Ninja Coffee Bar® System. You can check back on Monday December 19th to find out who won.