My son had a basketball game on Saturday. We usually go out to eat after he plays, but his game finished an hour before lunch. I wanted to make us something warm for lunch but I didn’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. These Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders are a quick and easy meal solution. You can customize these with ingredients such as sliced sweet peppers, poppy seeds or tomatoes. Before you read on, I want to apologize for the photos in the post; it was especially dreary when I made these and I photographed them in my kitchen while I was cooking.
My son would be perfectly happy with a ham and cheese sandwich, but my husband isn’t a huge fan of sandwiches. He thought these Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders were a nice compromise.
- Slider buns
- Deli sliced ham
- Provolone (or other sliced cheese)
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup honey mustard dressing
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- poppy seeds
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced sweet peppers or sliced banana peppers
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns in a 9x13 baking dish
- Place desired amount of sliced ham and cheese on top of each slider bun
- Add desired extras on top of the ham and cheese
- Mix up butter, honey mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Dab a bit of the butter mixture on top of the sandwiches
- Place the remaining bun halves on top of each sandwich
- Spoon butter mixture over the sandwiches
- Top with poppy seeds if desired
- Bake roughly 20 minutes until cheese is melted
Serve while still warm.
These Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are an easy crowd pleaser and they make great finger foods for a party. You can easily switch out the type meat, cheese or other toppings to customize them.