This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KidfreshFavorites #CollectiveBias
This time of year is especially busy for our family. We just wrapped up weekly Cub Scouts, but now my son is playing spring soccer and baseball. The two seasons overlap for a few weeks and it isn’t uncommon that he has two sports in one evening. I’ve managed pretty well the last two years, but this year I’m in my third trimester of pregnancy. My husband travels often for work, so I have to manage. I’ve found one product that makes meals on our busiest days a little easier. My son really enjoys the Kidfresh Frozen Meals from Kroger. They’re convenience and relief for busy moms, and they contain hidden veggies so they’re the best in kids nutrition. I created several reusable activity placemats; they make clean up easy and dinner time more fun. You can find the supply list and reusable activity placemat tutorial below.
On Monday night my son had a 6pm soccer game and a 7:50pm baseball game. I was out of Kidfresh meals, so I resorted to feeding us ballpark hot dogs and snacks for dinner; I had mom “guilt” the entire evening.
Tomorrow night my son has baseball practice at the batting cages and a soccer game at 7:30. I made sure to stock up on Kidfresh meals during my last trip to Kroger. They have creditability and parents can trust the ingredients. They were created with the help of a top chef and a pediatric nutritionist. Kidfresh meals are consistent with the USDA guidelines for kids nutrition, and they’re packed in BPA-free trays. Did I mention that all meals can be prepared in under 4 minutes?
Kidfresh frozen meals available in the following varieties:
- Single Serve: Wagon Wheels Mac + Cheese, Spaghetti Loops + Meat Sauce, Muy Cheesy Quesadillas
- Multi-serve meals include: Super Duper Chicken Nuggets, Mighty Meaty Chicken Meatballs, Fun-Tastic Fish Sticks
- Sides include: Totally Rockin’ Tots and SuperBlastin’ Bites
Luckily we have a short drive to the baseball park and soccer fields’ I’ve discovered that I can heat the Kidfresh meals in the microwave and let them cool on our drive to a game or practice. These reusable activity placemats can help keep food off the ground or potentially dirty picnic tables if you’re on the go.
Reusable Activity Placemat Supplies:
- These pdf or png files. The png files can be downloaded individually by right-clicking and saving the files. I recommend saving the pdf files for printing.
- US letter size cardstock
- Laminator capable of US letter size documents
- US letter size laminating sheets
- Dry erase markers
Reusable Activity Placemat Tutorial:
- Download the desired files
- Print the files on US letter size cardstock. I recommend adjusting your printer settings for cardstock and best print quality
- Heat up the laminator
- Place printed cardstock placemats inside the laminating sheet and run through the lamintor
- The laminated placemats can be written on with a dry erase marker.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth and do not submerge the placemats in water to clean.
These reusable activity placemats are easy to create. It should take less than 5 minutes once you have gathered all of your supplies. They’re great to keep a child occupied during dinner, especially when you can’t sit down as a family to eat.
You find can the Kidfresh meals in the freezer section of your local Kroger grocery store.
You can learn more about Kidfresh meals by following them on their social channels:
*For a limited time at Kroger and Kroger family of stores you can save at least 15% off the everyday retail price at Kroger.
What do you feed your children on busy nights when you can’t cook? If you’re struggling to put hot meals on the table during the week, check out Kidfresh frozen meals at Kroger. I hope you’ll check out my reusable activity placemat tutorial and please let me know if you have any questions.