Did you have an elaborate gender reveal during your pregnancy? Or did you opt for a gender reveal party? When I found out the gender of my son, we just called close friends and family; we shared the news on Facebook with everyone else. I had planned on doing a gender reveal photoshoot nearly two months ago when we found out, but a host of things prevented that. I really wanted to do something that involved our son. He had asked for a sibling for a long time before I got pregnant, and he has had his own gender predictions. Here’s a glimpse of the sibling gender reveal photoshoot. Maybe it will give you a few ideas for your own gender reveal and you can find out what we’re having.
Here’s a little background on our gender reveal. My son is in first grade. We have to log at least 20 minutes of reading each night in a journal that his teacher tracks. We’ve read at least 80 books this year and I think that’s a conservative estimate. I thought a new book would be a great way to commemorate the occasion and share the gender with everyone. Our son already knew the gender before the photoshoot, so that’s why he didn’t have a surprised reaction. I wanted to make sure he found out before anyone, and as a result I believe one of this teachers found out before most of our family! LOL
Note: you can’t tell what he’s reading in the first few photos.
If you’re considering a book-related sibling gender reveal, here are a few titles that you might consider (these are affiliate links):
- I Am A Big Sister (not necessarily for a gender reveal, but a good pregnancy announcement title)
- I’m A Big Brother (not necessarily for a gender reveal, but a good pregnancy announcement title)
- My Little Sister and Me
- What Brothers Do Best
- Little Miss, Big Sis
- Franklin’s Baby Sister
- What Sisters Do Best
- Brothers Forever
- You’re Getting A Baby Brother
- You’re Getting A Baby Sister
You can also use the suggested title feature on Amazon and it will pull other associated titles.
I guess I’ve stalled enough; you should be able to read the title of my son’s book in these.
The title of his book is, My Little Sister and Me. He’s getting a little sister.
My son wasn’t disappointed. He had convinced himself that he was getting a brother shortly after we told him that I was pregnant, so it was a bit of a shock.
He has been practicing reading his book so that he’ll be ready to read it to her. We’re just a few weeks away from her arrival.
We’re over at the moon excited about our newest addition. I’ve already started to stock up on hair bows and all the frilly girl things.
Here are a few tips if you want to recreate this photoshoot for a gender reveal:
- If you’re shooting these photos and you’re pregnant, shoot them early. I’m now a few weeks into my third trimester and it was hard to crawl around on the ground to get the angles I wanted.
- Consider hopping into the photo yourself. I didn’t have anyone else to man my camera and my husband wasn’t home, so I shot all of these.
- Make the photoshoot fun. My son was in the middle of reading the book, and he quickly became annoyed with me trying to pose him. I decided to just let him read and photograph him naturally.
Are you planning a sibling gender reveal? Do you already have your gender reveal photoshoot planned? I’d love to know more about how you’ve announced previous pregnancies or ideas you have for a gender reveal.