Sadly our strawberry patch is nearly done for the season. We shouldn’t complain. We have made pies, dozens of jars of freezer jam, and even packed them in freezer bags for later use. I love that we have them for later, but nothing quite compares to strawberries fresh from the orchard. I have a few more strawberry recipes that I would like to share before our crop of fresh strawberries end.
My grandmother still makes fried apple hand pies just like my great grandmother made. I decided to try a twist on her recipe; I used sliced strawberries and baked them instead of frying. The recipe turned out better than I hoped, and it is easy breezy.
buy priligy online langleyrx.com no prescription
Did I mention these are semi-homemade? You won’t have to struggle with making your own dough because I substituted homemade dough for biscuits.
buy premarin online langleyrx.com no prescription
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries (they won’t lay well in pies if they are quartered)
- 1 can of jumbo biscuits (8 biscuits per can)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Flour for rolling out of the dough
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Clean and remove stems from strawberries, slice as thinly as possible
- Whisk two eggs and the teaspoon of vanilla in a small bowl
- Flour your work surface, roll out biscuits individually. Don’t roll them too thin because they won’t hold strawberries well.
buy prednisone online langleyrx.com no prescription
They should be about 6 inches diameter.
- Shake the loose flour from the biscuits
- Place two heaping spoonfuls of sliced strawberries slightly off center in the rolled biscuit
- Brush the outside rim of the biscuit with the egg mixture
- Fold half the biscuit over to create a half moon shaped hand pie
- Crimp the edges of the pie with a fork to seal
- Using a sharp knife make a small X in the top of each pie (this is so that the pie will vent)
- Brush the top of each pie with egg mixture
- Sprinkle liberally with sugar
- Coat the baking pan with non-stick cooking spray (but you can also butter instead)
- Bake 12-15 mins until golden brown
My family absolutely loved these individual sized hand pies, and I hope your family will too!