I’m not grumpy in the morning, but it takes a few minutes to get me up and going. I like to drink my coffee leisurely and get up to make breakfast when I’m ready. That can result in my family grabbing cereal or something similar instead of waiting on me to make breakfast. To compromise, I like to make things that can be quickly mixed up and shoved into the oven while I enjoy my first cup of coffee. This Omelette Style Egg Baked Toast can be made in large batches and customized to everyone’s taste, and it doesn’t require standing over a stove.
If you don’t want to assemble every piece of toast yourself, you can always lay out the ingredients and let everyone assemble their own–especially if you have a picky eater or one who likes to help out in the kitchen like I do.
Here are a few Omelette Style Egg Baked Toast topping ideas:
- Assorted cheeses
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced peppers
- Assorted herbs
- Sliced mushrooms
- Assorted cooked meats
You will have to pre-cook any meats that you want to put on your toast; it doesn’t bake long enough to cook any meat.
Doesn’t that look tasty?
- Butter or margarine
- Salt and/or pepper
- Desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Spread a light layer of butter or margarine on the top side of each piece of bread
- Use a fork or the back side of a spoon and lightly mash down the center of each piece of bread, you want a light indention in each piece.
- Crack an entire egg into each piece of bread
- Alternatively you can lightly beat each egg before pouring it into the toast if you prefer the yolk dispersed.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add desired toppings to each.
- Bake 7 to 14 minutes.
- Watch closely to get your yolk to the desired level of doneness. For a runny yolk cook closer to 7 minutes and for a firm yolk cook longer. Eggs can cook very quickly.
buy lotrisone online https://infoblobuy.com/lotrisone.html no prescription