I’m the queen of procrastination right now; I’ll blame pregnancy hormones. I meant to start this project several weeks ago, but I was preoccupied with getting ready for a new baby. This Apple Shadow Box is super simple to make if you have all of the supplies, and it shouldn’t take long to put together. I think it makes a cute Teacher Appreciation Gift. I created the template in Cricut Design Space already. You will just need to gather the required supplies, fill in the teacher and student names in the template, and assemble the Apple Shadow Box.
This post may contain affiliate links
My son has a first year teacher and I wanted to make something to commemorate the class. This project was inexpensive enough that I paired it up with a few other smaller gifts and it didn’t take me all day to complete.
Apple Shadow Box Supplies:
- 9×9 Shadow Box (This one came from Ikea, you can find a similar one on Amazon or a local craft store )
- 12×12 White Cardstock
- Red Cricut Pen
- Black Cricut Pen
- Red Vinyl
- Green Vinyl
- Optional Washi tape
- Apple Shadow Box Design Space Template
buy arava online https://buywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com/arava.html no prescription
Apple Shadow Box Tutorial:
- Open the Apple Shadow Box file in Design Space (I resized the apple stem after I took this screenshot)
- Use the Student name section to type in the student names. Play around with the name order and size until you get the desired shape. You can easily change the font, but you’ll need to make sure that you select a font that has a writing style. (see below).
- Fill out the teacher’s name and add the school year if desired.
- Send the files to the mat to cut, and follow the Design Space directions to load the mats.
- Clean the glass of the shadow box and make sure it is dry before you apply the vinyl.
- Place the cut card stock with the teacher and student names written on it in the back of the shadow box.
- Carefully center the apple that was cut from vinyl on the outside of the shadow box glass. Try to ensure that it’s centered over the names of the students as seen in the photos.
- Apply the apple stem
- Add the optional trim to the interior of the shadow box. I used a gold washi tape, but I had also considered cutting crayons or pencils to fit around the interior edge.
buy asacol online https://buywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com/asacol.html no prescription
I picked up this ceramic pencil from the bins in the front of Target and added the name to it. I thought it paired with the Apple Shadow Box nicely. They also had ceramic apples, but I thought they would be hard to apply vinyl to.
You can check out two previous teacher appreciation project that I’ve made with my Cricut in the posts linked below if you’d like more inspiration.
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all of the educators that read my blog. I’d love to see what crafts that you’ve been working on lately. buy atarax online https://buywithoutprescriptionrxonline.com/atarax.html no prescription